Parental burn-out affects between 5% and 8% of parents. In France, there are only about ten parental relays which allow exhausted parents to leave their children for a few hours or a few days. Including the parental relay Passerelle 92, the first establishment of its kind in France, created in 1985 in Gennevilliers, in the Hauts-de-Seine department.
Cures for exhausted parents …
> THE BIG REPORT
In Germany, there is a system which allows parents to take a break in specialized establishments. These are real cures lasting three weeks where mothers and fathers can sleep, play sports, relax and receive advice of all kinds from therapists …
A report by Prune Antoine and Sébastien Millard.
> LES INVITEES
– Mylène Loseille, a mother who experienced parental burnout in 2020.
– Sophie Desboves, director of the Passerelle 92 parental relay.
– Isabelle Roskam, professor of psychology at the University of Louvain, world specialist in the question.
– Association Passerelle 92:
– La Passerelle – French Red Cross:
– Work Parental burn-out, avoid it and get out of it (ed. Odile Jacob), Isabelle Roskam and Moïra Mikolajczak:
– Parental Burn-out site, by psychologists Isabelle Roskam and Moïra Mikolajczak, professors at the University of Louvain (Belgium):
> Replays of France Télévisions news magazines are available on the Franceinfo website and its mobile application (iOS & Android), section “Magazines”.
Source site www.francetvinfo.fr