The interview lasted “a good half hour. We pointed out to him that this type of expression, of behavior was inadmissible especially since measures had been taken in retaliation against the sanctions which had been taken by the European Union in the against actors of the repression against the Uyghurs “. Jean-Yves Le Drian has “informs the Chinese Foreign Minister [ses] observations and I told him that this behavior was unacceptable, especially since we are talking to elected representatives of the people. “Raphaël Glucksmann, co-founder of Place publique, is on the list of European personalities who are no longer authorized to enter China. He rejoiced that for the “first” once Europe has taken concrete action. Jean-Yves Le Drian has indicated that he will receive him on Friday afternoon.
What is happening with the Uyghurs “is completely unacceptable. This is the first time that Europe has taken such a position with regard to China since Tiananmen in 1989. The mere fact that Europe takes this position unanimously is an act heavy which was perceived as that in Beijing “, added the Minister of Foreign Affairs.
About Uyghurs, “We asked that the high representative of the United Nations, Michelle Bachelet, could make a completely free mission to make sure of the reality of the situation. The Chinese said they were not opposed to it.”, explained Jean-Yves Le Drian.
Source site www.francetvinfo.fr