The residents of eleven apartments above restaurant Karaf on the Korte Jansstraat in the Utrecht city center were evacuated on Saturday morning. In the restaurant, a pan on the fire caused a lot of smoke.
The fire brigade evacuated the residents as a precaution. “Because it is in the city center and there are apartments above the restaurant, we have evacuated the houses as a precaution,” said a spokesman for the fire brigade.
No one was hurt. “There were also no flames when we arrived, just a lot of smoke. Fortunately, it is not too bad. So the restaurant and the houses are now well ventilated and carbon monoxide measurements are taken. I expect the residents to return to their homes soon. being able.”
At 7.45 am a lot of smoke was reported from the restaurant. “Salvage Foundation is on its way to settle the damage in the restaurant with the owner,” said the fire brigade.
Source site www.nu.nl