Patrik Laine has succeeded in scoring only once in the last 14 matches.
Patrik Laine the sparkle has dimmed in his new company at Columbus.
The power and paint taps of the armored paint gun are frozen. In the past more than a month, Laine has played 14 matches. The resulting power of 1 + 3 is very modest for the team’s salary king. Even the plus and minus have clearly plummeted.
Laine has had drier periods in his career before, but now the situation is completely new.
– As I always say, I’m not worried as long as you only get tekopaikkoja. But now I feel like I don’t even get them. I have never had a situation like this before, Laine said at a news conference on Friday.
– Yes these always get over one way or another. All you have to do is work hard and earn those bounces.
The Tampere resident, who once fought for the NHL’s goal kingdom, is puzzled by the situation himself. He said he has not fully figured out what the downside is due to.
– I try to watch games and see what I do there. But sometimes there just don’t come places. So it just has gone lately. I don’t get dangerous launch attempts and good deeds, but I have to find another way to help the team win.
– When there is a player who expects a lot from himself and who has a habit of scoring goals and points, the worst possible situation is when he is unable to produce them, Laine said.
Columbus head coach John Tortorella has talked about how he wants to shape Laine into a more holistic power striker. Tortorella said he had recently made it clear to Laine that he was not paid only for scoring goals in Columbus.
Laine was asked on Friday if his play was possibly confused by the fact that he has sometimes tried to be something other than what it has been like before.
– I don’t know, it’s hard to say … I’ve never really been a player who plays terribly around corners or behind goals. In general, I’ve been the guy who is looking for open spaces, which I may be able to get the disc and try to shoot. Because it is it, where I am probably good.
– But well, you still have to do other things. But I don’t know, this is a difficult question, Laine spun around.
In Columbus No star class friends have been found alongside Laine. Recently, Laine as a central striker have played alternately Riley Nash and Kevin Stenlund, both of which are closer to the bottom chain drill by the NHL standard than the actual top center.
GM Jarmo Kekäläinen has said he is feverishly trying to find a solution to his crying shortage of centimeters.
Laine does not blame his sidekicks for his sluggishness, but admits that continuous chain lottery is not the best possible situation.
– After all, it’s harder to find chemistry when the same chains don’t keep up with many games. But it’s kind of understandable when the game doesn’t go and when we don’t make enough results. Then you need to mix.
Next Laine gets to try to restore the paint tone in the guest trays. Columbus will begin a six-match away tour on Saturday.
Finnish time on Saturday at nine o’clock it hits the division jumbo Detroit.
Despite his fluctuations, Columbus is still involved in the playoffs. With this wound, it looks strongly that the fourth division playoff spot in the Central Division will form a race for Chicago, Columbus, Nashville and Dallas.
– As an individual, I may have difficulty, but if the team wins, that’s the only thing that matters. Of course, at the same time I would like to play myself well.
– I think we are on a good path now. We just have to find the results we need. Hopefully we have a good guest trip, Laine said.
Source site www.is.fi