In the last trainings and runs, Anastasia Mishina and Alexander Gallyamov looked weaker than Alexandra Boykova and Dmitry Kozlovsky, however, in the free program, the sports pairs changed places. This opinion was expressed in an interview with RT by the mentor of the gold and bronze medalists of the World Figure Skating Championships Tamara Moskvina. According to her, it is still difficult to predict how this sensational triumph will affect yesterday’s juniors. The specialist also explained how she decided to put the number on the song We Are The Champions by Queen.
– What turned out to be the most difficult for you at this World Championship?
– Honestly? Nothing. I got used to everything for so many years of work. Including the fact that what seems to be one thing in training turns out to be completely different when it comes to competitions. This does not always happen, but it does happen.
– Due to the fact that Alexandra Boykova and Dmitry Kozlovsky, as well as Anastasia Mishina and Alexander Gallyamov demonstrated at the pre-start trainings, did you expect that the final alignment would be exactly like this?
– Not. Up to the performance in the free program, Sasha and Dima had an advantage in runs and rehearsals, and a huge one.
– I don’t think I’ll be wrong if I say that Mishina and Gallyamov would be happy to win any medal in Stockholm. But unexpectedly for everyone, they were the first. Did it happen early?
– I couldn’t tell them: “Guys, it’s too early for you to think about gold, let’s take some other medal?”. It so happened that they won. Boykova and Kozlovsky skated their program with errors, and the judges are now very strict about such things.
– Are yesterday’s juniors ready for the responsibility that the world championship title imposes?
– It is difficult to answer this question now, while the emotions have not subsided yet.
– Probably, it is not so easy for the coach to sort out the situation when the leaders in the group suddenly change places?
– The fact is that we did not have such a division within the group. There were two couples, equal in class and in their capabilities. It’s just that one of them already had titles, while the other didn’t. That’s all. In order to show the maximum result in Stockholm, Arthur and I (Minsk – RT) both were trained equally. How Mishina and Gallyamov will behave now, having become world champions, we do not yet know.
Also on the topic
Phenomenal debut: Mishina and Gallyamov became world champions among sports pairs, Boykova and Kozlovsky were only third
Anastasia Mishina and Alexander Gallyamov won the sports pairs tournament at the World Championships in Stockholm. Ranked third after …
– That is, you do not exclude that you may encounter manifestations of star fever?
– Why would I think about it ahead of time? And what is the point of immediately assuming the worst, especially at night looking? Symptoms will appear, we will deal with this. And now there is no reason to talk about it. Arthur and I did not have time to really communicate with the guys after the performance – they were immediately taken away for doping control.
– When you put Mishina and Gallyamova on the program for the immortal composition We Are The Champions, I, frankly, thought that this was a great impudence on your part. And now I don’t even know what to say. It turns out that you have the gift of foresight and knew about everything in advance?
– Of course not. Moreover, just like you, I understood that this was not just impudence, but outright impudence, which was completely alien to me. And then suddenly I thought: “Tamara, you are 80 years old. Well, you can afford to be arrogant at least once in your life ?! ”. So I took Queen’s music, but without words.
And then I felt that in this form it does not produce the impression that I would like to get – there is no real upsurge in it, no bright colors. So I decided to be impudent further – I returned the vocals.
I will not say that I felt comfortable with this. I was constantly waiting for reproaches that it was indecent to take such a composition for debutants who have not won anything in their life yet. In the end, I decided that this should not bother me at all. Since we took the first step towards being insolent, we had to go all the way.
Source site russian.rt.com