Eveliina Piippo returned to compete ahead of schedule. Back surgery was performed in January.
Although 22 years old national team skier Eveliina Piippo ascended to skis as early as four weeks after his January back surgery, the competition goals had been popularly postponed to 2021–22.
However, the convalescent, who dared to train only at low power, skied the second leg of the Vuokatti Ski Team in Kainuu on Saturday, taking the 3×5 kilometer Finnish Championship bronze.
Piippo was the second fastest part of the free skiing section 50 seconds slower than Riitta-Liisa Roponen.
– It was great to compete, but hard, when after Christmas there is only one power exercise below.
Piippo emphasized that at the moment, everything we do serves only one goal: back rehabilitation and getting to a full-time training condition.
– I work with physiotherapists in Vuokatti every day so that I can run properly again during the training season.
Beep operated bulging of the septum from the lumbar region, between the 4th and 5th vertebrae.
– It’s called a skier’s syndrome.
Piippo admitted that he got a new life on the operating table.
– After all, it is an incomprehensible feeling when the pain and tingling radiation that has plagued you for years and the numbness of the sole of the foot are like out of the ordinary.
Piippo performed very bright and in a good mood, the difference between the athlete, who was severely disappointed in the Kuusamo World Cup in November, was huge.
– If you had seen me after Kuusamo in Rovaniemi after the national team camp competition, Piippo laughed.
Source site www.is.fi