Twelve minutes are enough to get Elsa Pataky and Pilar Rubio’s tablet abs with this new fitness routine
If there is a particularly conflictive part in a woman’s anatomy, it is that of the hips, the buttocks and the thighs, the area that suffers the most from the effects of the famous ‘pear silhouette’. And also the one that best responds to the star exercise to tone it: the squat. “They are essential when it comes to training the lower body,” he explains. Júlia Ndocky Ribas, graduated in Physical Activity and Sports Sciences, personal and technical trainer of the Metropolitan Physical Activity Division. “If we want to tone the legs and buttocks without a doubt we must include the squats in our training routine, “he says.
Because in addition to being the best exercise for the legs and buttocks – “they directly affect these muscles,” says Júlialas. squats and all its variants are a very complete activity that also helps us lose weight “without the need to resort to restrictive diets,” he says. It has an explanation: “In the legs there are large muscle groups, with a great capacity to consume energy, so training them helps us to keep a weight and one slender figure without the need to resort to restrictive diets. “In addition, the coach concludes,” having toned legs and buttocks will allow us to perform the cardiovascular exercise with greater solvency, at the appropriate intensity and minimizing possible negative impacts on the ankle, knee and hip joints “, which contributes to the success of any rutina fitness.
And one last note from Júlia to encourage us when it gets uphill to be consistent: “With the lifestyle we have today and the number of hours we spend sitting, it is highly recommended to perform exercises of this type, both with the only resistance of our body weight as with the rubber aid add an external resistor to make it even more effective“.
But are they all squats the same, or is there one that works more in one area than another ?, we asked Júlia. And the answer removes us from doubts instantly: yes, although it may surprise us, not all squats are the same and there are specific ones to work and tone some areas more than others. That is, although “the results will always be better if we combine the toning of this musculature with cardiorespiratory exercise with or without impact “, explains the trainer,” with some variants the legs and with others there is a greater impact on buttocks“.
In order not to be mistaken, Júlia tells us what the different types of squats and how to do them right to specifically tone and shape the glutes or legs.
Squats to tone the legs
- Classic squat. Standing, place your feet slightly more than shoulder width apart. Perform a triple flexion of the hips, knees and ankles simultaneously, performing a movement similar to sitting in a chair. Keep your spine straight, your knees in line with your hips and ankles, preventing them from meeting, and your gaze straight ahead. Also maintain abdominal tension during the exercise.
- Ballet squat. Its name comes from the position that the feet and legs must acquire, imitating a ballet dancer, separating them a little more than the width of the shoulders and with the tips outwards. In this position the squat movement is performed. “If you want to make it more complete, when you’re down, stand on tiptoe to work the calves,” says Júlia.
- Bulgarian squat. Standing, support the instep of one of your feet on a chair or other item behind you. Do a triple front leg flexion (hip, knee, and ankle flexion). The instability of doing this exercise on the front leg, and the fact of doing it on a single support, increases its intensity and affects more on the stabilizing muscles of the hip, not only the deepest and the core, but also the gluteus medius and older “, assures the coach.
Squats to tone the glutes
- Sumo squat. The execution of the exercise is the same as in the case of the classic, the difference is that the position of the feet is wider. “When you perform the triple flexion, you will notice a greater impact on the buttocks,” says Júlia. With this type of squat we can also add a rubber, type miniband at the height of the feet (on the laces of your shoes), to increase the intensity in the buttocks.
- Single leg squat. “It is a much more demanding exercise that involves effort and balance,” explains Júlia. In a classic squat position, lift one leg parallel to the ground. Lower yourself slowly with the leg that you have on the ground while you continue with the other extended in the air. Once you have descended, take a slight pause and return to the starting position, keeping the posture and the leg extended.
And the most complete for both, legs and buttocks, is …
- Jump squats. Perform a classic squat chaining it with a jump, so that in the reception of the jump you will perform the triple flexion, braking the movement to gain momentum on the rise and jump again, getting your feet off the ground. Both the braking and the momentum for the jump imply a significant increase in the force that must be applied to perform the exercise. “You will also notice that this exercise has a much higher cardiorespiratory component than the rest, which contributes, to a greater extent, to fat burning,” says the trainer. It is important “to bear in mind that this exercise involves greater impact on the knees, especially if you have a pre-existing knee injury,” he warns.
According to the criteria of
Source site www.elmundo.es