– We panicked, says a depressed Rasmus Dahlin.
Last week, Bufflo set the dismal record for the most straight games in a row in the NHL since 2005-2006.
And since then it has become even gloomier. The most recent loss to visiting Philadelphia, 4-3 after extra time, takes the team to 18 games in a row without a win.
Initially, it looked like Buffalo could break the curse and take revenge. After two played periods, the home team led 3-0.
In the third, Philadelphia then managed to get in three pucks, which took the meeting to extra time where Ivan Provorov poked in 4-3 after 42 seconds.
– For two periods we dominated the game, but then we just backed off and let them do what they wanted. We can not have it that way, it is not acceptable, says Rasmus Dahlin after the match.
When asked what happened, he says succinctly: “Panic attack”.
– We have not been in this situation and we panicked. The puck just bounced their way, I do not know …
On the right track
However, temporary coach Don Granato does not think it was that serious.
– We made several mistakes, but I do not want to call it panic. We made mistakes and wrong decisions under pressure. We might even get a little too enthusiastic and lose a bit of the game because of it, he says and continues:
– But I do not think it was panic, they did not look saved out there. However, we have a hard time putting into words what happened and then it is easier to talk about panic.
Granato, however, thinks that the team is on the right track after all and is looking ahead.
– A week ago I told the guys that they will be a better team in a week. And now that I look back, they are.
– But I do not want to talk about what has been, we must continue to push forward, he says.
CLIP: 14th straight loss for Buffalo (March 23, 2021)
Source site www.svt.se