Its closest focusing distance is 12 cm from the camera sensor, which enables unique perspectives with an image angle of 135 degrees and the large depth of field. Two large aspherical glass lenses, two lenses with particularly low dispersion for distortion-free images and the Ultra High Refraction technology ensure high imaging performance.
With its compact dimensions and low weight of 350 grams, it is part of everyday photography equipment and is always there for street photography with exceptional perspectives. The focus and the aperture setting are done manually.
These are the highlights:
• The most extreme wide-angle lens for full format without fisheye effect
• Lighter and more compact than comparable lenses at just 350g
• Incredible 135 degree picture angle for full frame
• The 5 aperture blades produce perfect 10-beam light reflections
• With Leica M version including focus limit display for rangefinder field of view
Availability and prices: The Laowa 5.6 / 9mm FF RL lens with the Nikon Z, Sony E full frame, Leica / Panasonic L and Leica M connections will be available in well-stocked photo shops from mid-July 2020. The prices in Switzerland have not yet been fixed.
|Laowa 5.6 / 9mm FF RL specifications|
|International name||Laowa 9mm F5.6 / FF RL|
|Focal length||9 mm|
|Luminous intensity||1: 5.6|
|Angle of view||135 °|
|Optical construction||14 elements in 10 groups|
|Blinds||5.6 to 22|
|Format labeling||36 x 24 mm|
|Closest focusing distance||12 cm|
|Reproduction scale||1: 4.8|
|Dimensions (DxL)||62.4 x 66 mm|
|connections||Nikon Z, Sony E full frame, Leica / Panasonic L, Leica M|
More information and sample images can be found here.