Borussia Dortmund had returned in great shape to the Bundesliga after beating Schalke 04 4-0 and Wolfsburg 2-0, but the loss by the minimum against Bayern Munich has changed the picture and the continuity has been questioned of Lucien Favre.
“I will speak in a few weeks,” he said. Favre after falling 1-0 to Bayern Munich. This statement caused former player Lothar Matthaus to assure on Sky Sports that Niko Kovac was going to assume the technical direction of Borussia Dortmund, since they had already contacted him.
YOU CAN SEE Gareca: “I am informed daily of humanitarian flights, but we have decided to stay here”
“It is really incredible and, for me, unacceptable,” explained an indignant Favre to Matthaüs’s words in statements to Bild. The technician of the Borussia Dortmund He took the opportunity to clarify that he has a contract and that it will continue until the end in the club ‘negriamarillo’.
Favre He pointed out that his phrase was a misunderstanding, that he knows what the media is like with the criticism. The coach has a contract until 2021 and the director of the Borussia Dortmund He also came out to defend him.
YOU CAN SEE Twins Xioczana and Xiomara Canales tested positive for the coronavirus
“There is currently no reason for a debate about the coach,” said Hans-Joachim Watzke, president of Borussia Dortmund, with the intention of calming down this whole wave of criticism towards Favre.
He Borussia Dortmund who seemed so strong has sown doubts after falling before him Bayern Munich, club has a seven point lead in the race to the Bundesliga title.
As if that were not enough, the Bild newspaper also attacked the coach with a ruthless headline: “Why will there not be a third year with Favre” The note read that they describe the coach as unable to win a title because he is “too shy, insecure and devoid of emotions.”
LR Sports Newsletter
Subscribe here to the Sports La República newsletter and receive from Monday to Friday in your email all the news on national and international sports.