This is, among other things, stated in the Information adopted by the Government of the RS at the last session, “Novosti” has learned. The reason for this request from the Republika Srpska is the lowest price of pork on the RS market, which now amounts to 1.5 marks per kilogram. This is the lowest price of pork in the last 25 years.
Also, the price of beef is falling, and is about 3.5 km per kilogram. The topic about the endangerment of domestic farmers was first opened by Milorad Dodik, the chairman of PBiH, who defended farmers from RS and the whole of BiH and asked for an urgent reaction from the authorities to help domestic meat producers.
Boris Pasalic, the RS Minister of Agriculture, says that the RS Government reacted quickly and adopted a document at the last session, in which a concrete solution is sought from the BiH Council of Ministers.
– We have never had a situation where the price of a fattened pig is 1.5 marks per kilogram. There are two reasons for such a low price. The first is the reduced consumption of meat, the second is that there is a lot of pork on the market in Europe as well – Pašalić points out.
The RS government adopted the information where the BiH Council of Ministers was asked to consider the introduction of protective measures in accordance with the Stabilization and Association Agreement and the law on foreign trade policy.
– Protective measures include the introduction of additional customs duties and taxes of 2.5 KM per kilogram of beef and 1.5 KM per kilogram of imported pork. This measure should discourage domestic meat processors from importing meat and turning to domestic producers. The measure would last from 120 to 200 days – says Pašalić.
DISTRIBUTION OF AGRICULTURAL BUDGET
MINISTER Pasalic says that the plan for the distribution of the RS Agrarian Budget, which amounts to 75 million marks, has been adopted.
– The Rulebook on Incentives for 2021 was introduced in order to start paying incentives from this year. The rulebook will change and is not final. We will also discuss the plan for the distribution of funds with farmers – says Pašalić.
He adds that the RS government has done everything it could before through the intervention purchase of pork and beef, but the price is still falling.
– From mid-January to early May, pork is not sold much. I hope that our processors will turn to domestic growers. We expect the BiH Council of Ministers to announce this information as soon as possible and to have a clear picture. If there is no positive response from the Council of Ministers of BiH, then we will know who is for the protection of domestic breeders, and who supports the import lobby – said Pasalic.
Miso Maljcic, president of the Association of Pig Breeders of RS, says that there are now about 10,000 surplus fattening pigs on the RS market and that breeders do not know what to do.
– The Council of Ministers of BiH has been working for the import lobby and for several meat processors in BiH for years. Due to that, domestic production is ruined. In the end, the citizens are also victims because they pay a high price for meat, and those same processors take the raw material at the lowest possible prices. That is why they make extra profit through the backs of domestic breeders – says Maljčić.
Follow us through iOS and android apps
I hope you are in health and well.
I offer you important instructions regarding this article
- The article has been translated based on the content of the Source link below these instructions
If there is any problem related to the content, copyright, correctness of the information contained in this article, or If there are errors in the language, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
- We only want readers to access information quickly and easily using other multilingual content, rather than information only available in a specific language.
- We always respect the copyright of the author's content and always include
The original link of the Source Article , and if the author does not agree, leave The report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the author's request. Thank you so much! Warm greetings!