The last hours information
– The Covid-19 still weighs as much on the French health system, with 24,735 hospitalized patients, a figure stable for a month, including 1,588 new admissions on Wednesday, and 232 deaths in hospital. In total, the disease has killed 69,031 people since the outbreak began.
– As of Wednesday, more than 247,000 people had received their first injection of vaccine in France. The possibility for some chronically ill patients exposed to a severe form of the disease to be vaccinated also on Monday is “under discussion”, according to the Ministry of Health.
– In 36 days, some 28 million doses of anti-Covid-19 vaccines were injected in around 46 countries around the world.
– The number of countries and territories where the variant of the coronavirus initially detected in the United Kingdom is now found is 50 and it is 20 for the variant identified in South Africa. A third mutation, the discovery of which Japan has announced, could impact the immune response and requires further study.
– The pandemic has killed at least 1.96 million people worldwide since the end of December 2019, according to an assessment established by AFP from official sources, Wednesday in the middle of the day.
– The United Kingdom, faced with an outbreak of cases in recent weeks, recorded 1,564 additional deaths from Covid-19 on Wednesday, a record since the start of the pandemic. Portugal will be subjected from Friday to a second “general” confinement.
– Some 10 million people have received a first injection of one of two Covid-19 vaccines authorized in the United States. This represents about 3% of the American population.
– Russian President Vladimir Putin has ordered the vaccination of all categories of the population to begin next week, claiming that the vaccine designed by his country was “the best”.
[ source link ]
#national #curfew #Answer #Thursday #evening