COVID-19 kills third in New Brunswick

0
2


New Brunswick has recorded its third death linked to the COVID-19 pandemic. Public Health has confirmed that a person, aged 60 to 69, died in Zone 1 (Moncton area) on Sunday, due to underlying health issues, including COVID-19.

“I was deeply saddened to learn that another death related to COVID-19 has occurred in our province,” said Premier Blaine Higgs. My thoughts and prayers are with this person’s family and friends, as well as all who have been affected by the recent outbreaks. “

Public Health has confirmed that this person was one of the cases related to the ongoing outbreak in Zone 1 and resided at Manoir Notre-Dame, a special care home in Moncton.

“This is another sad news for our province,” said Dr. Jennifer Russel, Chief Medical Officer of Health. I join all the people of New Brunswick in offering sincere condolences to the loved ones of this person. “

New cases

Public Health reported five new cases of COVID-19 today.

There are three cases in Zone 5 (Campbellton area). These cases are as follows:

  • person under 19;
  • a person aged 60 to 69;
  • a person aged 50 to 59.

All of these people are in isolation and their cases are being investigated.

He has two cases in zone 1 (Moncton area). These cases are as follows:

  • a person aged 70 to 79;
  • a person aged 80 to 89.

These cases are linked to a previous confirmed case and these people are in isolation.

The number of confirmed cases in New Brunswick stands at 310, and 203 people have recovered. There have been three deaths, and 104 cases remain active. Three patients are hospitalized, and one of them is in the intensive care unit. So far 90,060 tests have been carried out.

Exhibition notice

Public Health has determined that an international traveler who tested positive for COVID-19 traveled on Air Canada flight 8954 – from Toronto to Fredericton on October 8.

People who were on board this flight would have to self-monitor for symptoms for 14 days after the flight. If they develop symptoms of COVID-19, people should self-isolate and complete the online self-assessment or call 811 to get tested.

Zones 1 and 5 in the orange phase

Zones 1 and 5 remain in the orange phase of the provincial COVID-19 recovery plan. The rules for the orange phase are available online.

All other areas in New Brunswick remain in the yellow phase. During this period, sanitary measures and public health recommendations must continue to be observed.







Source link by https://www.acadienouvelle.com/actualites/2020/10/18/la-covid-19-fait-une-troisieme-victime-au-nouveau-brunswick/

*The article has been translated based on the content of Source link by https://www.acadienouvelle.com/actualites/2020/10/18/la-covid-19-fait-une-troisieme-victime-au-nouveau-brunswick/
. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!

*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.

*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here