The closer the offseason approaches, the more the rumors intensify. The clubs are looking to improve their roster in the offseason and it is therefore normal to see the rumors go down.
Obviously, in Montreal as elsewhere, no one is immune to rumors. And because the Canadian has room under the ceiling and the desire to improve, it is normal to link the players to the CH.
Jean-François Chaumont, who works for the Journal de Montreal, had a good time discussing hot issues like this with the CEO of the Canadian, Marc Bergevin.
The interview is available here.
Bergevin debunks rumors https://t.co/mv7qNSvbPb
– Mikaël Lalancette (@MikLalancette) September 29, 2020
During the interview, those who want the DG to shake up the organization will be disappointed: Marc Bergevin does not intend to upset everything for change.
Take the example of Patrick Laine. The name of the Jets player circulates en masse in Montreal, but the GM of the CH is not on file.
This had been confirmed by Pierre LeBrun, but here it is by the DG.
Here’s what the GM had to say about Laine.
To get a player of this caliber, you have to empty your team. We would not move in the right direction, we would start sideways or backwards. – Marc Bergevin
Basically, Laine is not worth it.
Same story with the Taylor Hall case. We know that Bergevin has never liked building through free agents and he doesn’t want to give the attacker what he wants. “I have to keep my money for the young people,” he said.
And he confessed that patching holes with guys like Bobby Ryan doesn’t turn him on either.
Basically, the big boss of CH is going to make more reasonable transactions. This is what we understand.
In his interview of the day with Tony Marinaro, Bergevin said he was ready to do anything to get his hands on a player who can help the club now.
But yet, with the JdeM, he seemed more reserved.
Ready for anything, it also means making heartbreaking decisions about the future of young people → https://t.co/ReMjC9JOg2
– DansLesCoulisses (@DLCoulisses) September 29, 2020
Has his opinion changed in the last few days or since he did the interview with Jean-François Chaumont?
*The article has been translated based on the content of Source link by https://www.danslescoulisses.com/fr/patrik-laine-taylor-hall-et-bobby-ryan-ne-debarqueront-pas-a-montreal/
. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!