#Here is the update of the health situation linked to the coronavirus epidemic in #Brittany communicated by the ARS this #Thursday, #December 31, 2020:
“The follow-up of confirmed cases is based on data from #Public #Health #France, which records the results of analyzes (PCR test) carried out by public and private laboratories.
#Brittany has recorded 413 additional positive cases over the past 24 hours (1).
The incidence rate (2) now stands at 45.8 cases per 100,000 inhabitants at the regional level with a positivity rate (3) of 1.6%.
#Within 24 hours, the incidence rates continue to increase. #As for hospitalizations, they are stabilizing, but they remain at a still high level.
#To save lives, we must remain united in the face of the virus: continue to demonstrate collective vigilance, respect barrier gestures and the wearing of masks, in the public sphere as in the private sphere, and respect the curfew that applies. proves effective in curbing the circulation of #Covid.
#We must maintain our efforts, including during the festive and convivial moments of the end of the year holidays.
#Management of #Covid-19 patients at the hospital in #Brittany
-17 hospitalizations in progress (-2 (1)) including 34 (-2 (1)) in intensive care unit.
#Since the start of the epidemic,
– 3,343 hospitalized patients returned to their homes (+23 (1));
– 717 patients died (+2 (1)).
#Testing is at the heart of the government’s strategy to fight the virus, in order to quickly isolate the
people tested positive and contacts, to break the chains of contamination as quickly as possible.
#Since #May 4, 2020, 1,266,352 PCR tests have been carried out in #Brittany, including 65,346 from #December 22 to 28
2020, a decrease of 4.4% compared to the previous week.
#Brittany currently has 75 clusters (-18 (1)) under investigation by ARS #Bretagne:
• 8 in the Côtes d’#Armor (1 in a professional environment, 3 in a health establishment, 3 in EHPAD and 1 in the private sphere);
• 17 in #Finistère (1 in a professional environment, 1 in a school and university environment, 9 in a health establishment, 1 in an establishment for disabled people, 4 in EHPAD and 1 in the private sphere);
• 25 in #Ille-et-Vilaine (3 in a professional environment, 11 in a health establishment, 7 in EHPAD, 2 in schools and universities and 2 in the private sphere)
• 25 in #Morbihan (2 in a professional environment, 5 in a school and university environment, 8 in a health establishment, 4 in EHPAD, 1 in an establishment for disabled people and 5 in the private sphere).
1- #Data compared to 12/30/20
2- The incidence rate represents the number of new cases of COVID-19 diagnosed by a PCR test occurring during the 7 last days compared to the number of inhabitants of the department. The unit adopted is per 100,000 inhabitants.
3- The positivity rate represents the number of positive cases for #Covid (PCR test) compared to the number of people tested, over 7 days. ”
[ source link ]
#COVID ##Thursday ##December #update #situation ##Brittany